As part of these services we provide:
- Detailed reports on one or more commodity markets, including supply, demand, and price projections under a base case and alternative scenarios.
- Assistance in understanding a range of issues related to individual commodity markets and production.
- The right to distribute our research reports to potential investors, banks, and other financing sources.
- Tailor-made Industry Overview sections for economic and engineering studies (i.e. prefeasibility and feasibility studies) and offering documents used in connection with project financing.
- Our analysts are available to assist in fielding investor and legal questions on tour fundamental market analysis and other issues related to our supply, demand, and price projections.
Active coordination with lenders and sponsors, as well as their respective advisors, in order to achieve and maintain an integrated and streamlined information exchange, a consistent information flow, and a timely completion of the work for project development.
We have acted as Independent Market Consultants on an enormous number of projects since our inception in 1986. Most recently CPM Group has acted as the Independent Market Consultants for several molybdenum companies in connection with project debt financing, a primary vanadium project for a bond raise, and a manganese project for prefeasibility level work. We also have advised a range of institutional investors considering investments in gold mines, silver development programs, platinum group metals mining developments, and vanadium, molybdenum, lithium, titanium, and bismuth mining development programs.
A selection of these projects includes the following.
- CPM Group advised Aquarius Platinum on the development, financing, smelting and refining, and other aspects of its development of the Kroondal Mine, its first South African platinum group metals mine, in the late 1990s into the 2000s.
- CPM Group advised Apex Silver Mines on issues related to the development of its San Cristobal, including providing initial projections and industry analysis on silver, lead, and zinc.
- We advised Outokumpu on the Arctic Platinum project.
- CPM Group advised BHP, Delta Gold, and later Zimbabwe Platinum Mines on issues related to the development, and later redevelopment, of the Hartley Platinum in Zimbabwe, beginning in the 1980s and extending into the 2000s.
- We advised a major international mining company and its partner the International Finance Corporation on gold refining, sales, and logistical issues related to the development of a the first modern gold mine in an African country.
- We advised the World Bank, International Finance Corporation, and United Nations on issues related to modifications of mining, ownership, corporate, foreign exchange, and other legal and regulatory matters related to attracting foreign direct investments in mining and energy projects in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. We also have advised individual countries such as Colombia in these issues.
- In 1995 - 1998 we served Newmont Mining as its copper market and pricing experts in support of Newmont's Batu Hijau copper-gold project in Indonesia.