Our Commitment To Your Privacy
Site Visit Information
- Like many other companies involved in eCommerce, CPM Group automatically tracks the usage of our Web site. We profile Web site usage by tracking the pages viewed, the previous and following sites visited, the browser used and the computer's address. This information is used to analyze trends, track use, and optimize the site experience.
- In order to be placed on our mailing list, a user must first complete the contact form. During registration, users are required to give certain contact information (such as name, email address.) This information is used to contact users about the services on our site for which they have expressed interest.
Secured Purchase Information When a credit card order is placed on CPM Group's store web site, the customer's name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number and credit card number and expiration date are gathered. This is used to verify payment authorization, process your order, inform you of deliveries, deliver the merchandise to the proper destination and generate statistics. CPM Group takes precautions to protect our users' information. When users submit sensitive information via the Web site, the information is protected both online and offline. Please see below for details.
- For all purchase information, CPM Group (through our ecommerce solutions vendor) uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) underneath HTTP, providing an encrypted channel and server authentication, so that all such information is transmitted through a secured server connection. Before your order is processed online, your browser will make a confirmed identification that the transmission of all data is being made between your computer and with CPM Group's store. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottoms of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un–locked or open, when you are just browsing normal sites. You can learn more about SSL at www.SSL.com. - While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also take several steps to protect user information offline. All of our users' information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerk or a Customer Service representative) are granted access to personally identifiable information. All employees are kept up–to–date on our security and privacy practices. - Our ecommerce solutions vendor is also CISP compliant. Created by Visa and MasterCard, the Cardholder Information Security Program (CISP) outlines a standard for security procedures for merchants and service providers that store, process, or transmit cardholder data.
- If you have any questions about the security at our Web site, you can email email@example.com or call us at 1-212-785-8320.
- The shipping information related to an order (but not the purchase information) will be shared with UPS, which performs our shipping function.
- CPM Group is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. - Upon filling out the contact form, you should receive an email regarding the successful submission. As a purchaser, you should expect to receive an email confirming your order, an email confirming your shipment and a paper receipt with the merchandise that is sent to you. - We also communicate with users on a regular basis to provide requested services. If a user requests information in a specific sector and the services we offer in that sector, we will use their contact information to follow-up. - We employ the services of other companies to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders,delivering packages, sending postal mail and email, analyzing data, and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
The CPM Group site may have links to other Web sites on the Internet that are not owned or controlled by CPM Group. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of these Web sites, nor does this mean that CPM Group endorses them in any way.
Correcting, Updating and Deleting Information If a user's personally identifiable information (such as zip code, phone, email or postal address) changes, or if a user no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate users' personally identifiable information. This can be done by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 1-212-785-8320.
Further, you authorize CPM Group to disclose your password, name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, email address and company as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, gray market, intellectual property infringement, piracy or other unlawful activity. Specifically, this includes exchanging such information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
If at any point we decide to use personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will notify users of this by email. Users will have a choice as to whether or not we use their information in this different manner.